Coco perlite is a horticultural blend that combines coconut coir and perlite, offering a balanced and versatile growing medium. Coconut coir, derived from coconut husks, provides excellent water retention and aeration, while perlite, a volcanic glass that expands when heated, contributes lightweight and porous qualities. This combination creates an optimal substrate for plant cultivation, enhancing drainage, preventing soil compaction, and promoting root aeration. Coco perlite is widely used in container gardening, hydroponics, and soil conditioning, catering to the specific needs of diverse plant species by maintaining a well-balanced moisture and nutrient environment. Its sustainable nature, derived from coconut coir, aligns with eco-friendly practices in modern horticulture.
Weight - 50L (8kg bag)
This can be altered for a lot of other sizes
Important uses of Coco Perlite
- Container Gardening: Coco perlite is a go-to medium for container gardening, offering an ideal blend of coconut coir and perlite that ensures optimal aeration and drainage for plant roots.
- Hydroponic Systems: Widely favored in hydroponics, coco perlite provides a lightweight and well-aerated substrate, fostering robust plant growth by enhancing nutrient absorption and root development.
- Soil Amendment: Mixed with garden soil, coco perlite enhances overall soil structure, preventing compaction and improving drainage—ideal for various crops in traditional gardening.
- Seed Starting: Ideal for seed germination, coco perlite’s light and airy composition creates an optimal environment, providing crucial support and aeration for healthy early seedling growth.
- Propagation: Horticulturists use coco perlite for successful plant propagation through cuttings, leveraging its ability to maintain balanced moisture and aeration for robust root development in new plants.
Connect with us today for competitive pricing on our extensive range of cocopeat products available for export.